Our Lady of Mercy Catholic School, a private school in Winston Salem, NC, is seeking their next principal. The school serves students in Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade and has an enrollment of 175 students. As a parish school for Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church, the school also serves families of nearby parishes in the Winston Salem Triad area of NC. Guided by our Catholic Faith, a primary mission is to educate each student spiritually, intellectually, and emotionally.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
Our Lady of Mercy School is a parochial school that is founded on faith and tradition. Together with the pastor, our principal is expected to serve as a spiritual and educational leader who will enhance the school’s Catholic identity in all areas. The principal also collaborates with faculty and staff to implement a wide variety of programs which promote academic excellence. A primary function is to support community awareness to advance the mission of Our Lady of Mercy within the greater Winston Salem area. We seek a principal who will continue to advance the faculty and to secure enrollment.
We seek a principal who possesses characteristics and qualifications including:
• An enthusiastic practicing Catholic, who is in communion with the Church. He/she should eagerly embrace our mission of evangelizing and forming disciples.
• Advanced degree in Education Administration or other comparable field with a minimum of five years of instructional and administrative experience, preferably in a Catholic School
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Management skills to build, lead, and work with a team of faculty and staff
• Eager to be a part of the school community with an accessible leadership style
• An inspiring leader who promotes leadership in others
Interested and qualified candidates may submit the following materials to Father David McCanless:
• A cover letter expressing interest in this position
• A current resume
• A statement of Catholic educational philosophy
• A list of 5 professional references with the name, relationship, phone number, and email address of each
• A letter from your pastor
Submit all application materials to:
Fr. David McCanless, Pastor
1730 Link Road
Winston Salem, NC 27103
The application deadline is February 10, 2024, with a start date no later than July 1, 2024. Click HERE to access the position profile.