How Mercy Ranks
Every year, Mercy students complete standardized testing. Standardized achievement tests are used by school districts in the US and in American schools abroad for assessing students from Kindergarten through High School. These tests assess areas of mathematics, language, reading, listening comprehension, science and social studies.
Diocese of Charlotte Writing Assessment
Mercy students in 4th & 7th grade complete the Diocesan Writing Assessment. The writing assessment is graded on a 4-point scale with 4 being the highest. The assessment consists of one prompt that asks students to compose an expository clarification or point-of-view essay. The test is designed to measure core composition skills such as main idea, supporting details, organization and coherence, as well as grammar and spelling conventions.
How Mercy Ranks:
2019 - 4th grade stats:
- 100% scored a 2.5 or higher
- 54% scored a 3 or above
- The class average was a 2.9, in comparison to the Diocesan average of 2.3
2019 - 7th grade stats:
- 5 students in the class scored a perfect 4!
- 83% scored a 3 or above
- 39% scored a 3.5 or above
- The class average was 3.4 in comparison to the Diocesan average of 3.1.